Lessons

1. If VIX is under 26, buy the dip. If VIX is over 26, sell the rip.

2. Always trade in the direction of the larger trend. Find the strongest trend in your time period.

3. Nothing as bearish as a failed breakout. Nothing as bullish as a failed break down.

4. Don't worry about the last dollar. Take your money and go to the beach!

5. No more than four positions at a time. Preferably 2-4. Scope out others. Pick the strongest.

6. Buy the strongest; sell (short) the weakest.

7. Nothing is guaranteed. Nothing.

Friday, April 9, 2010

Friday, Weekend Update; Silver Target 19.5

Trades

1. Covered GBPUSD at 1.534 for a 60 pip loss. Staying off forex for now.

2. Shorted Silver (at $18.25 or so) via ZSL (bought at average price of 3.74).

I was anticipating a correction in Silver to around 17.8, which I am no longer sure about. If this happens, I will buy it with AGQ, which should be around $59. My target for AGQ (before a bigger correction) is around 66.2.

There are two alternatives:
1. That 1200 is a temporary pit stop which pushes the SPX back down to 1180 or so before a final push up to 1230-1250.

2. We go straight to 1220 or so before a major correction.

I suspect 1 will happen. If 1 happens, then Silver should still correct to 18.2 or so. I will probably buy back most or all of my ZSL at Silver around 18.2 so that I have dry powder for the bigger top I am anticipating. This means I will accept break even, small loss, or pennies on my ZSL.

Medium-term (next one-two months) I am still bullish on PMs. However, as said earlier, they will correct with the general stock market, either on Monday-Tuesday around 1200 on the SPX or within the next week around 1220 or so.

Basic scenario: I think we will small-correct before earnings season and larger correct after earnings season (last week of April).

The next two months will be choppy - large up down moves.

All the best!

No comments: