Lessons

1. If VIX is under 26, buy the dip. If VIX is over 26, sell the rip.

2. Always trade in the direction of the larger trend. Find the strongest trend in your time period.

3. Nothing as bearish as a failed breakout. Nothing as bullish as a failed break down.

4. Don't worry about the last dollar. Take your money and go to the beach!

5. No more than four positions at a time. Preferably 2-4. Scope out others. Pick the strongest.

6. Buy the strongest; sell (short) the weakest.

7. Nothing is guaranteed. Nothing.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Wednesday Plan

Today is a full moon day. I guess I should have known.

Gold is up, equities are down.

I will be buying SLV calls, GDX calls, and SPY Puts tomorrow.

I expect SPX to descend to between 1150-1175 minimum, and possibly more. I expect a nice bounce tomorrow. By Thursday we should be up to 1200 or slightly more.

Trades:

I will try to buy June SPY Puts at 2.32.

I bought Silver at 17.99. I may get out of this soon.

Out of Silver for break even.

If the market collapses, Gold will hold out better than Silver.

No comments: